Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Are cereals healthy?

Hai.

I really likes cereal, even not only for breakfast I could ate that for lunch and dinner. I put it in a bowl and poured some milk, or add some dried fruits, or ate it as a snack. They so enjoyable to eat and lot of varieties in the market.  My favorites one is anything with chocolate flavor. Yeah, I'm a grown up adult with a kid heart. 

But lately, I starts to care on my diet. I want less sugar, less salt, less process foods, less dairy, less oil and less any unhealthy intake. And, I did some research about these cereals-processed foods made from grains. Sound good but what most people didn't realized, what served to us in the market is most complicated one. Meaning? How? Why? 


Okay, let's see how it made; grains process to small particles or medium pieces. This is the original one, but the factory turn it into mixing with sugar, cocoa or water. Then extrusion with high temperature-which I believe we lost the vitamins and mineral we want in there. Next it be dried and shape into company preferred. And lastly packed it before sold to the market.

What do you think? Are the final product make sound legit? More like we consume only sugar and additional flavor. I will talk about sugar in one big post because this is a nightmare in our modern diet. What make it worst is we served to our kids, which considered to built them for obesity and sweet-addiction habits.

Somehow, the market still on the advertisement of ''low fat'' or ''high carbohydrates'' or ''whole-grain''. Uhuh, do you believe that? Please, the reality may not as happy ending in what you wants. If you really wants to eat that, go for a small portion. And choose ingredients that; maximum 5grams sugar per served, minimum 3grams fiber and add with nuts or fresh fruits.

If you look into the price, one pack maybe around Rm 12.00 for somehow stay about two weeks. This easy and convenient item not so cheap actually. Hurm, think again. How about energy bar? Same dude, same! But don't panic if I said it has more sugar than cereals. Biggest scammer. I would like to do a post about this too because everyone should know it.

So, if you care about your body and want a healthy lifestyle- Do makes changes in what your intake. Now, I'm already live a year without any cereals. I know it's really hard at first but I can do it, and I'm happy with it. My breakfast more to selection of fruits, or boiled eggs, or whole grain bread. I'm not too strict in it because somehow once in a week, I would go for the nasi lemak or fried me. 

Most important tips, know your limit. If you don't want to suffer with next heavy exercises, then stay in line with scheduled foods. Any thought with this articles? Please put down your comments or direct message me. I would answer your suggestion and advices. Start your day with good breakfast, enjoy them and say hello to the world.

End of 2023

 Hai, Apa khabar semua? Lama benar rasanya tidak menjengah blog ini, datang sini pun sebab rindu. Tidak langsung peduli untuk menaip dan ber...